The Auggie Bloggie

We have moved! Please check out our new blog: over here!

August 25, 2007

CGC Test

Our local training club was celebrating AKC's Responsible Dog Ownership Day today with a few different demonstrations and things of that nature. They were also offering free CGC testing.
"Well, if it's free," I thought to myself. I wasn't sure Auggie would pass, so I kind of hated to pay for it and have him bomb the test gloriously. He can be reactive, and I figured that would blow the whole thing for us. But hey - it's free, so why the heck not?

Imagine my surprise when, not only did he pass, but he did so WONDERFULLY! His herding instincts kick in when small children run around, making erratic movements or strange noises as they often do, so I was worried when they put a child into the "crowd" for one of the exercises. However, he didn't even look twice at the child.

He heel beautifully during the "on a walk" exercise, and for his recall exercise, he came bounding towards me with such glee. It was such a gorgeous looking recall that people kept stopping me after the test to congratulate me on it and tell me how happy he looked to be running towards me.

The photos:

Test #2, I think this was - "hi, can I pet your dog?" We started with our backs to the fencing on the left, but he didn't want to sit facing that direction... so we rotated.


The grooming/inspection test.


Walking through a crowd. WITH CHILD. I love it.

As a reward, the club gave him a HUGE milkbone, which he was very happy about:


I now own Sentinel's The Flash CGC. So very proud of my little guy!!

No comments: